[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 00:55:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Michael Butler <butler.two.one at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And you know what? That is PERFECTLY FINE with me, because the specific
> terrestrial location of a specific scientific instrument of this type
> almost certainly DOES NOT MATTER if science is, well... what it claims to
> be and what I think IT is.
>
> Butthurt about losing this court battle? After a certain point, it's
> indistinguishable to me from whining.
>
> "Let the wookiee win."
>
> Sure, if you're defending scientific culture and are worried about
> idiocracy and the possibility that the wookies ARE WINNING, then (re)act.
>
> But really, culturally, I think this is small potatoes and I admit I LIKE
> it when colonial expropriators get one in the eye occasionally. It's an
> underdog thing. Doubtless a slight flaw in my character.

### Seriously? So we, the good people paying taxes and contributing to
learned societies so that a bit of science could be done are "colonial
expropriators"? The fuckwit assholes who use the weaknesses of our legal
system to extort money under the guise of protecting religious feelings are
the "underdog"? And you applaud it when the greatness of the Western
civilization, the wondrous quest for truth is being trampled by a coalition
of stone age crooks and politically correct liberal elite crooks?

Well, I am... disappointed, for lack of a better word.

Rafał