[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:29:25 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> ​Church insiders pick and choose which of the OT or NT to believe in.

​
Christians believe in both but say the New
​
Testament​
 is better, God must have improved with a few thousand years of on the job
training or something. Well, God forcing people to become cannibals in
Jeremiah 19:1 is pretty bad
​ ​
( *"And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of
their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend*
*​"*
) but the fact is it's
​in ​
the New Testament not the old that
​you find​
 the
​idea of ​
eternal torture in
hel
​,​
and that's
​far more perverted than cannibalism.  ​
.

​>​
> some researchers think that a lot of words were put in Jesus' mouth just
> to make him more compatible with the OT - the fire and brimstone bits.

I don't even know if Jesus existed, the evidence that he did is stronger
than the evidence that Achilles existed but not as
​ ​
strong as the evidence that Muhammad
​ ​
did. But it doesn't matter,
​ ​
I refer to the character portrayed in the bible,
​ ​
I refer to the Prince of Peace
​ ​
who said in Matthew 10:34 "
*Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to
bring peace, but a sword.​ ​For I am come to set a man at variance against
his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law
against her mother in law*"
​, I ​refer to the biblical Jesus
who impressed the rubes with card tricks and other stunts; that Jesus was a
Jerk.

I'd be a lot more impressed if Jesus had taught us about the second law of
thermodynamics rather than hear a report of questionable accuracy about
some water into wine trick. It took the human race another 1800 years to
learn about entropy and although it teaches us nothing about morality
neither do Christ's stunts, and unlike the fermented grape juice bit you
can't fake thermodynamics.

Christ was a nut, nutty as a fruitcake, or to put it in more politically
correct language, he had a mental illness that produced delusions of
grandeur.
​
If he was a
​real ​
historical figure
​ I
 don't think it was an act, I think he really thought he was God.

Christ was a martinet. His words *"You serpents, you generation of vipers,
how can you escape the damnation of hell"* sounds more like a typical flame
you can find anywhere on the net then it does the wisdom of a great sage.
Buddha, Lao-tse, and Socrates all had a much more enlightened attitude
toward those who disagreed with them, and they had it 500 years before
Jesus.

Christ was a creep. He believed in hell, he talked with glee about *"wailing
and gnashing of teeth"* and *"these shall go away into everlasting fire"*.
He thought that torturing somebody, not for a billion years, but for an
INFINITE number of years would be an amusing thing to do to somebody he
didn't like. I think cruelty on this monstrous scale proves that Christ of
the bible is morally indistinguishable from Satan of the bible.

Christ was a idiot. He believed that God, that is to say himself, was
furious with the human race (something to do with fruit trees) and even
though he could do anything the only way for him to forgive the humans
would be for the humans to torture him to death, even though being a
​ ​
God he can not die. Does any of this seem very smart to
​ ​
you?

I don't believe I'm engaging in hyperbole, imagine for a moment what it
would be like if
​
the
​
Christian God did exist, it would be worse than living in North Korea. Here
we have an all powerful demon addicted to flattery who can read your every
thought and will torture you, not for a long time, but for ETERNITY if you
take even one small step out of line or break just one of his many, many,
rules and they includes thought crimes. To make matters worse you're not
even sure exactly what all his rules are, the "experts" violently (and I do
mean violently) disagree, so you never know if you're going to be tortured
or how to avoid it. This seems pretty depressing to me and not at all
moral, I'll take an indifferent universe over a sadistic one any day.

I call your attention to a quotation from Charles Darwin, a better man by
far than the son of God even if you ignore his enormous scientific ability.
I would certainly much rather have Darwin as my next door neighbor than a
vindictive pompous ass like Jesus Christ. In spite of the objections of his
very religious but loving wife, he wrote this in his 1876  autobiography :
"
*Disbelief crept over me at a very slow rate but at last was​ complete. The
rate was so slow that I felt no distress, and have never since doubted even
for a single second that my conclusion was correct. I can indeed hardly see
how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true; for if so the plain
language of the text  seems to show that the men who do not believe, and
this would  include my Father, Brother and almost all my best friends, will
be everlastingly punished. And this is a damnable doctrine."*

*​ *John K Clark*​*