[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:26:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 8:08 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think that is anything invalid about these, except that insights
> regarding understanding of the universe usually turn out to be as Adrian
> says:  nothing brilliant.
> Often wacky.  Disappointing compared to our feelings for them when stoned.

Exactly right.  And I'm not suggesting they're invalid: the sensory
impressions are indeed more vivid.  Just...they don't actually produce
better results for anything you want to matter to anyone outside your own
mind.

Assuming radiotelepathy (brain to brain communication at some level deeper
than language, via electronics wired to the brain and linked via
radio/wire/whatever electronic bridge) was a thing, what would happen if
one of a pair of linked minds were to trip while the other did not,
assuming they are sharing full sensory impressions with each other and
started the experiment already used to this connection?