[ExI] Fwd: Paper on "Detecting Qualia" presentation at 2015 MTA conference

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Mon Feb 2 05:25:42 UTC 2015

Hi John,

I can see how jumping into this conversation, new, the way you have, one
would say LOL.  But, my prediction is that if you read, and understand
the paper, it will all make sense.  glutamate is just the example
theory, that only applies to the simplistic 3 color world, described in
order to describe as simply as possible, how to get around the
qualitative information gap.  You obviosly know of experimental facts
that falsify this prediction.  And this is the point: an example of a
theory about the qualitative nature of consciousness, that can be
falsified.  So, the only remaining task is to replace glutamate, with
whatever are the necessary and sufficient detectable properties, for
someone to experience a redness quality.  And any such new theory will
simply be a variation on this first incorrect theory that enables us to
bridge the qualitative gap, and to eff the ineffable, in an
experimentally verifiable to all way.