[ExI] Zombie glutamate

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 21:41:13 UTC 2015

On Sunday, February 22, 2015, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

Behavior would certainly be the same and I think it's only a matter of time
> before that is demonstrated experimentally, and I am virtually certain
> consciousness would be unaffected too however that will never be
> demonstrated experimentally. The difference is that in the replacement part
> all the inputs and outputs *that you can measure in the lab* are identical
> but although I think it's ridiculous it is logically possible that there
> are other inputs and outputs that neither your lab nor any lab will ever be
> able to measure.

If all the measurable inputs and outputs are replicated, how is it possible
that your brain can notice that there has been a change in consciousness as
a result of the replacement? If there is any effect from what you say are
the logically possible non-measurable inputs and outputs then they are in
fact measurable, which is contradictory.

--
Stathis Papaioannou