[ExI] vultures sneeze

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jan 22 03:58:23 UTC 2015

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
…

>…Being called a birdbrain may not be an insult after all. For this reason I believe if one wishes to study the nature of intelligence crows and ravens and parrots would be ideal candidates, compared with other animals their brains would be more elegantly organized and have less spaghetti code and hard to understand kludges.  John K Clark

Cool theory John.  At the local McDonalds a prole can eat outdoors and if so, he has the local seagulls swooping by as if to ask for French fries.  They have me trained: I indulge the feathered beasts.  They know the posture of one who is likely to feed them: I turn around on the bench facing outward.  They hang around.

If you toss the fry approximately in the right area, the gulls can snatch them out of the air.  When you think about it, that in itself is one hell of a trick.