[ExI] Space conferences

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 18:33:21 UTC 2015

On 5 July 2015 at 18:57, spike  wrote:
> I am cheering wildly for anyone who is working in small sats.  If anyone
> manages to create a cheaper ride to space, particularly in the small
> payload, high risk tolerance range, we create entire new markets.  Musk’s
> latest failure was major doh-facepalm, but on we go.  That one was way cool
> for control freaks because of the cool controls challenge of landing a
> rocket on its feet.  Keith’s notion of Skylon is also on the radar screen,
> so I am cheering for the Brits too.  Haven’t heard anything recently from
> them.

Found it!   I thought I remembered a recent news item.

<http://www.reactionengines.co.uk/news_updates.html>
Quote:
Monday 15 June 2015
Reaction Engines Ltd. have begun their latest round of rocket engine
testing in Westcott, UK.

The SABRE engine requires a novel design of the rocket engine’s thrust
chamber and nozzle to allow operation in both air-breathing and rocket
modes, as well as a smooth transition between the two. The Advanced
Nozzle project is demonstrating the feasibility of this concept and
represents a significant technology development effort towards the
SABRE demonstrator engine.