[ExI] Self-Driving Cars Must Make Ethical Decisions

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 00:39:15 UTC 2015

If the cops have a pull-over button, the bad guys can get to it.

spike

This might start a whole new discussion - hope so.  The quality of our
police is too low.  And has been for some time, maybe forever.   I am not
judging them on the basis of the events in the last few years.  In addition
to the quality, I question the quasi-military training they are given.  It
makes them lack empathy with the public, like the students in the famous
Zimbardo study (students acting as prisoners and prison guards - if you
don't  know this one, please Google it - frightening).

Of course you are right about bad guys getting remote controls for cars.
If that happens, every car will be loaded with guns, right?  Then road rage
will be turned into road murders.

Why can't everything in a car be hardwired?  No wifi no hacks, except,
perhaps, your internet radio.  bill w