[ExI] i'll bee seeing you... was: RE: old software fun

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 02:31:49 UTC 2015

http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/ibmwatson/developercloud/visual-recognition.html

https://cloud.google.com/prediction/docs/getting-started

https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/

I'm not suggesting any of these are ready solutions,  but the race to zero
puts very sophisticated tools in your hands for only the cost of overcoming
their learning curve.

Instead of tuning your hardware to the exact pitch of bee-wing flapping
with requisite parametric for temperature and humidity and distances from
the hive and ... and ...  you could have identified sufficient training
data via an enthusiastic afternoon of manual images then let deep learning
and big data do the rest.  You guys talk about how you figured this out 15
years ago;  it's not the future anymore.  We have this stuff just lying
around waiting for clever folks to do something interesting with it. .. or
are you emulating the Old Ones waiting for it to be even easier as we get
closer to the end of time?  ;)