[ExI] The End of Meaningful Work

Tara Maya tara at taramayastales.com
Tue May 19 15:13:22 UTC 2015

I think it should be called, rather, “The End of MeaningLESS work.” McJobs are not meaningful.

I always laugh when I hear about anyone worrying that we will”run out” of new jobs. If you think that, study traditional Balinese culture. Even without robots, they lived on a tropical island with an ideal climate and food that literally falls into your lap.

Nonetheless, the people are ALWAYS busy. Dancing. Performing Plays. Making costumes for dance and plays. Building giant flower pyramids. Parading giant flower pyramids around. Etc. It might seem silly, but since it all has “spiritual” value, I am sure that the people experience it as far more “meaningful” than flipping burgers in a greasy spoon. Certainly, it’s more fun dancing on a tropical beach in a crown of flowers than slaving over a hot stove.

Really, never underestimate the human creativity to come up with new occupations.

Tara Maya
Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Amazon  |  Goodreads