[ExI] Exclude Me If You Can: Cultural Effects on the Outcomes of Social Exclusion

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:32:34 UTC 2015

On 24 October 2015 at 14:08, Dan TheBookMan  wrote:
> http://m.jcc.sagepub.com/content/46/4/579.abstract

Abstract
We examined how individualistic versus collectivistic cultural
backgrounds affected the psychological experience of social exclusion.
We found that Turkish, Chinese, and Indian participants
(collectivistic background) differed in their experience of social
exclusion from German participants (individualistic background).

You can read the full text here (if you really want to!):
<http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Susanna_Yeung/publication/272493721_Exclude_Me_If_You_Can_Cultural_Effects_on_the_Outcomes_of_Social_Exclusion/links/55a8835908ae815a042145e6.pdf>

But it strikes me as a waste of time.
Only 120 to 180 participants tested, to cover all nationalities.
Inclusion / exclusion tested by playing a computer game or writing an essay.

Testing millions by unfriending on Facebook might be a better method.

BillK