[ExI] aside: xenophobia

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 04:59:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Who the heck came up with the name xenophobia?  And why is spelled that
way?
> And what would we do if a psychiatric patient developed a specific fear of
> element 54?  The obvious name has already been used for something that has
> nothing to do with xenon.

Kidding aside, it's the other way round: xenon was named after the Greek
word for foreigner.

> Oy, we sat here and did nothing as the English language became screwed up
> beyond recognition.

It's our magnificent bastard tongue as one author titled his book. I like
it, warts and all, though, ya, it's often frustrating -- like a dear friend.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst