[ExI] aside: xenophobia

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Oct 29 06:26:35 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-29 02:48, spike wrote:
> Oy, we sat here and did nothing as the English language became screwed up
> beyond recognition.

You are not that old.

English got odd a long time ago. I blame the Romans, but there were
likely language invasions before that. Lots of incompatible languages
merged by people with no clue about grammar.

Still, Poul Anderson showed how it might have looked if it had at least
kept to being a Germanic language:
https://groups.google.com/forum/message/raw?msg=alt.language.artificial/ZL4e3fD7eW0/_7p8bKwLJWkJ

--
Dr Anders Sandberg