[ExI] Cramer on impossibility of FTL communication

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:22:24 UTC 2015

On Sep 2, 2015 10:07 AM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015  Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote: ​
>> But it was in that state all along.
>
> ​Maybe. That's called realism, the idea that things are in a definite
state even if they have not been measured. Another property is locality,
the idea that the future can not change the past and distance diminishes
the strength and speed of an effect. The third is determinism. We know from
experiment that Bell's inequality is violated therefore we know for a fact
that AT LEAST one of the following must be untrue:

> 1) Realism
> 2) Locality
> 3) Determinism

I get the sense that the future/past part of locality may need redefining.
As in, people say "events that are not yet in my lightcone can not affect
my past", when the "event" was just measuring the other photon, which does
not affect your past but only reveals information that was already there -
if not yet measured - for your photon.