[ExI] Evidence-based medicine lacks solid supporting evidence

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:53:31 UTC 2015

On Sep 17, 2015 4:12 PM, "William Flynn Wallace" <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is it established that we actually need some radiation?  I mean just
because it's been going on forever doesn't mean we need it.

It might be possible to reengineer our bodies to definitely not need it, of
course, in the distant future when uploading is available.

As for our bodies as they are now, there seems to be more evidence for than
against, but it is not oft-studied.  The research has mostly focused on far
higher levels, enough that "low" relative to them is still too high.  And,
of course, this is a political issue, with some on both sides sticking to
their positions and dismissing contrary evidence for reasons having nothing
to do with the issue itself.  Search on "radiation hormesis".