[ExI] Nicotine, again

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Apr 1 18:18:22 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2016 10:54 AM
To: Extropy chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: [ExI] Nicotine, again

>From http://robbwolf.com/2016/03/31/my-training-at-44/ (emphasis mine):

2- Nicotine gum. I researched nicotine about 6 years ago when I started doing speaking gigs for the military (Naval Special Warfare) and what I found was pretty striking…

I’ve noticed the gum has helped my digestion and my productivity is better. Again, use your best judgement, but this has been a serious game changer for me so i felt compelled to share it with y’all.

We discussed tobacco and nicotine here a few years ago, but that centered around nicotine not being harmful, rather than outright beneficial.

-Dave

Dave, we know that tobacco is harmful, but as I recall even then, it was the tar which was identified as the bad guy.  Nicotine was a question mark.  I think we left it at something like “Nicotine doesn’t kill you.  It only gets you addicted to that which does kill you.”

I am comfortable with the notion of nicotine, even though I don’t use it myself.  There are plenty of people who say it helps with early stage Alzheimer’s.  I am not about to second guess them, for I have zero first-hand experience with either.  That I know of.  Wait, what were we talking about?