[ExI] before?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:51:30 UTC 2016

On 2 April 2016 at 16:12, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> Denmark is making a necrogenomic database: DNA from everyone who dies.  Is
> this appropriate?  I don't know what else they are collecting, such as cause
> of death and so on, but in the  long run this could do a lot of good.  It
> could also run up insurance rates for the descendants in some countries if
> the insurance companies got hold of the data.
>
> For myself, I am an open person who will tell you my grandmother's shoe size
> if asked.  I don't care what anyone knows about me as long as my Visa card
> is safe.

Well, it will be useful if the dead start committing crimes.......

The scientists want the database for medical research,  but I would
expect the police to be interested as well. Murders have been solved
by getting a close DNA match which led to checking relatives and
getting a conviction.

Totalitarian governments would really like every DNA on file as
everybody is now a suspected criminal. But so far there are still some
restrictions stopping them.

BillK