[ExI] nutrition again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:13:55 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM, William Flynn Wallace <
> foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you want to be truly disgusted with scientists (and of course, the
>> food industry), this is for you.
>>

> I think the government deserves most of the blame but there's plenty to go
> around.
>
> -Dave

​And just who does the gov. ask?  Experts.  Mostly medical people, I
assume, the most conservative profession existing, and the one most
punitive of contrarians, no matter how right they are.​

​A quote I have seen before addresses that:  it stresses that real
knowledge is first denied, esp. if controversial, and more esp. if it will
cost lots of money to those who are doing the conventional thing.  Lastly
it becomes the new norm and those who oppose it are seen as dummies.  And
no one gets sued by following it in the medical ranks. Or the suer loses as
soon as the expert witness agrees that this is standard medical practice.

Maybe we should invent a scientific court of appeals.   Some level above
peer reviewed journals, using meta analysis or strongly suggesting it, as
well as setting some standards for replication.  Is there anything like
this?  Why not?

This nutritional fat/heart problem bumbled along for decades with
inadequate data
and arguably made billions fat.  It should have been resolved long ago.
But not one is as mossbacked as the medical profession unless it's the
Mississippi legislature.

bill w​