[ExI] nutrition again

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:47:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 2:13 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ​And just who does the gov. ask?  Experts.  Mostly medical people, I
> assume, the most conservative profession existing, and the one most
> punitive of contrarians, no matter how right they are.

From
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/31193-four-decades-of-the-wrong-dietary-advice-has-paved-the-way-for-the-diabetes-epidemic-time-to-change-course
*     Dr. Robert Olson, professor of medicine and chairman of the
Biochemistry Department at St. Louis University and an expert on nutrition
science argued that the recommendations were not supported by the available
science. In Dr. Olson's words:
<http://openheart.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000196.full> *

*"I pleaded in my report and will plead again orally here for more research
on the problem before we make announcements to the American public."*

*     Senator McGovern, speaking for the commission stated that:
<http://openheart.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000196.full>*

*"Senators don't have the luxury the research scientist does of waiting
until every last shred of evidence is in."*

I think it's pretty clear now that the low fat recommendation was premature
and that the government is responsible for that and the many deaths that it
caused.

-Dave