[ExI] chinese to test robo-taxis

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 18 14:35:27 UTC 2016

Cool, they are going to test a self-driving taxi:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/volvo-uber-to-jointly-develop-autonomous-sport-u
tility-vehicles-1471518577

I am annoyed that they are using Chinese cars as a platform, but I will get
over it.  China probably has a fairly similar problem to the states:
drunkard is in no condition to drive at 0200 when the bar closes, could call
a taxi, but if so, faces the risk the driver could take advantage of her in
that condition.  China has four times the number of people, so it stands to
reason they would have four times the number of drunks needing a safe ride
home.  Economies of scale make things happen.