[ExI] The Clinton Foundation was a means of gaining access

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 25 06:17:18 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of CryptAxe
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:22 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Clinton Foundation was a means of gaining access

>…I've actually been somewhat surprised by the anti Trump sentiment within this mailing list. I essentially "threw my vote away" by voting for Gary Johnson. I think I would pick Trump over Hilary though…

I will make a prediction: either Clinton or Trump will find the job of president most unsatisfying.  Both seem to be motivated by power, and both may be surprised at how little power they have in that office.  Reasoning: a CEO can do pretty much whatever the hell he or she wants if he or she owns the company.  Perfect place for a power-addicted demagogue.  But in the US presidency, he or she is watched constantly and congress will check the power of that office.

Regardless of how it comes out, I can imagine the probability of a successful impeachment in the next term as high.