[ExI] Meta question again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 18:35:04 UTC 2016

On 25 August 2016 at 19:03, Dan TheBookMan  wrote:
> Start by realizing the claim is put forth almost election cycle. It's part
> of the 'everything is getting worse and we must do something now' line of
> thinking. And 'do something now' usually means 'vote for my favorite
> candidate.'

That may be true, but the Millennial generation has been pretty well studied.
See: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials>

'Worse off' of course depends on your chosen criteria.
e.g. poorer but happier is possible.

But if you look at the Economic prospects section, it looks bad for Millennials.
e.g. higher unemployment and 'under-employment', more still living
with their parents, lower wages as they started work after the 2008
crisis, more unemployment expected due to AI, high student debt, etc.
A bad start to working life like this will probably never be recovered
from.

BillK