[ExI] Meta question again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:35:12 UTC 2016

'Worse off' of course depends on your chosen criteria.
e.g. poorer but happier is possible.  dan

But if you look at the Economic prospects section, it looks bad for
Millennials.
e.g. higher unemployment and 'under-employment', more still living
with their parents, lower wages as they started work after the 2008
crisis, more unemployment expected due to AI, high student debt, etc.
A bad start to working life like this will probably never be recovered
from.bill k

Thanks bill k - to Dan:  I agree with you fully that the web and the spate
of current electronic tech is out of this world, the web being the greatest
thing that has happened in my lifetime and I use it constantly.  But for
most people I think it's a play thing, or a shopping cart, or a substitute
for personal phone calls.  Most people are not going to take advantage of
the learning that can take place on the  web, nor the immense knowledge
available to them.

So, what I was talking about was what Bill K said - economically we are in
a stasis for wages compared to the gains the current teens parents
experienced.  SS will have to be saved.  Ditto Medicare and Medicaid.
Business pensions are dropping out of existence.  I won't live to see it
but I do worry about how the current teens are going to do in retirement.

We are saddling our youngsters with massive college debt that many will
never repay and their credit will suffer from it.  Free education is,
currently, unrealistic, but so is shoving youngsters into the business
world with all this debt.  Medical people take a long time to repay their
med school expenses, though I assume they do all right eventually.

I am sure just about anyone can add to the woes above.