[ExI] IoT futurists' predictions - not bad

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:59:46 UTC 2016

On 6 December 2016 at 20:34, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> https://www.hpematter.com/iot-issue/ask-the-futurists-10-bold-predictions-for-2030?jumpid=em_kc671trsz8_AID-510039514

Point 6 says that security for billions of IoT devices will be important.

In my opinion it will be a showstopper. At present banks get hacked
for millions. If they can't even protect banks then there is no chance
that they will be successful in protecting our devices. Every device
will be hackable, transmitting our data, listening to conversations,
recording through cameras. etc.

The only protection will be not to have any of these devices - Luddites Live!

BillK