[ExI] Tabby's star

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 22:47:15 UTC 2016

Why does everyone think it has to be a computer and not a time machine or
exotic matter factory?  Or, as I said, a deterrent-type doomsday machine
like the Dead Hand--because of the high energy existence of these
societies, wars will be very high energy.  Maybe they've constructed a star
close to the Chandrasekar limit and they turn it into a black hole if they
are invaded.

It seems ridiculous to me to go into the math of something that we can't
really deduce a hyper advanced (relative to us) society is doing.
Anthropocentric thinking of a high degree.