[ExI] Bell's Inequality

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 03:08:13 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 2:08 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> if the Earth were hollow, echoes of quakes and sonograms would turn out
> measurably differently than they have

​
Yes, and the theory that the Earth is solid explains all those experimental
results, and that theory
​that explains it is​
 not weird
​at all ​
which is nice. But if the quantum world behaved in ways that even a child
would say
​it​
 obviously should then our experimental results would be very different
from what they actually are.
​ ​
Many Worlds is far from the only explanation for the discrepancy between
intuition and reality,
​​(
Copenhagen, Pilot Wave, Transactional etc)  but every single one of those
explanations is weird. Deciding which explanation is least weird is largely
a matter of taste. I just happen to feel that Many Worlds
​,​
​although​
 very weird
​, is​
less weird than the alternatives
​, and Copenhagen is the weirdest of all.​

​John K Clark​