[ExI] Do digital computers feel

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:32:44 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

​​

​> ​
> On the contrary, Fermilab found pretty convincing evidence for the
> existence of a space-time continuum rather than pixelated space-time. They
> found no pixelation down to 10^-48 meters. That's 13 orders of magnitude
> *smaller* than the Plank length.

​I'm aware of that, I even sent a post to the list about it back in 2011.
​
Those results did rule out some older
​ideas about ​
quantum gravity that predicted granularity of space, but
​because of certain assumptions made ​
it didn't rule out the most popular ideas in String Theory or it's main
​competitor ​Loop Quantum Gravity that said space was quantized at the
Plank length. And that was true even 5 years ago when the study was made,
even the author of the study,
​
Philippe Laurent
​,