[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 159, Issue 14

Hal Snyder drxyzzy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:03:45 UTC 2016

Bill's endorsement is appreciated & reciprocated. :-)

I've been a math prof, physician, and computer scientist. Current interests
are complexity, sustainability, cosmology, bioinformatics, and data
science. MOOCs <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_open_online_course>
changed my life; I've completed over 60 of them to date (listed in my
linkedin profile).

I believe that in order to avoid collapse, humanity needs to enhance scope
and extent of its cognitive skills faster than the rate of growth of
self-imposed existential threats. Computers are probably key to that. My
work with SMC is an attempt to contribute to the effort of making us
collectively smarter.

twitter: @haldroid / github: https://github.com/DrXyzzy

Spike, is that what you had in mind?

Hal