[ExI] moocs. was: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 159, Issue 14

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 15 18:05:50 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Hal Snyder
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:04 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 159, Issue 14

>…Bill's endorsement is appreciated & reciprocated. :-)

>…I've been a math prof, physician, and computer scientist. Current interests are complexity, sustainability, cosmology, bioinformatics, and data science. MOOCs <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_open_online_course>  changed my life…

>…Spike, is that what you had in mind?

>…Hal

Ja, sure is Hal, thanks for posting.  As soon as I saw you are Bill’s brother in law, I unset your moderator flag, so you can post right on through.  Welcome sir.  You sound like the kind of poster we like to have here.

Regarding MOOCs changing your life, I have had terrific success with them and I agree.  This is new day.  All along we thought it was going to be brain prosthetics which will give humanity a great leap forward.  It might eventually, but I think historians will eventually realize that opportunities opened up by free online education was a bigger advance.