[ExI] 2017 - The year of AI

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 17:28:47 UTC 2016

This all sounds a bit frightening to me. I don't think I'm prepared to
hand my life over to the Cloud. If you are worried about 'fake news'
now just wait till everything ls monitored, controlled and fed to you
from the Cloud. You won't be able to run NoScript or AdBlock on
connected devices.

BillK

Ads don't bother me.  They take only a few seconds to get rid of and they
are paying for our content.  When I fast forward a recording through
commercials I do see what they are and can stop anytime (but never do).

Sure, they want to control our lives by knowing everything about us, and as
far as my buying habits are concerned they can know all they want to, since
then I at least will get ads relevant to my life.

If people don't like this sort of thing they won't stand for it, and
competition will provide alternatives.

Yes, it's a minefield out there and some people will pay the price for not
paying attention to passwords and letters from Nigeria.  Thirty thousand
people die each year from car wrecks and we are still driving away.

Some of these things will fall away.  We are going through a time when
really cool things are available at good prices.  The shine will wear off,
I think and then the net, the smartphone, Siri, etc. will become just tools
to use, not to play with.  (That sentence contains content that is just
massively wrong.  Why did I write that?  Probably because I don't play any
games on any device, don't use Facebook, etc.  These things will likely
continue indefinitely.)

bill w