[ExI] cost of energy by source

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 05:36:23 UTC 2016

Sound like to total bullshit. Wind cheaper than coal? Really? Why then do
you need government subsidies to build wind turbines and government
persecution to eradicate coal power plants?

Rafal

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 11:53 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Energy hipsters among us, do feel free to comment on this article.  I will
> start: I hope it is true.
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source
>

> I don’t know how they are dealing with the full-cycle costs however.  I
> need to re-read and get up to speed on assumed life cycle of their
> systems.  Most of these articles tend to look only at initial startup costs
> and cost of capital.  Finance gurus might comment, but as I understand it,
> rising capital costs tend to favor ground-based solar, since the plants are
> not so capital-intensive, ja?  We don’t need to scale them way the hell up
> to get economies of scale on those?
>

> This topic has to have been studied to death.  What we need are pointers
> to the credible sources.
>

> spike

Rafal Smigrodzki, MD-PhD
Senior Scientist,
Gencia Corporation
706 B Forest St.

Charlottesville, VA 22903

tel: (434) 295-4800

fax: (434) 295-4951

This electronic message transmission contains information from the
biotechnology firm of Gencia Corporation which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (434-295-4800) or by
electronic mail (fportell at genciabiotech.com) immediately.