[ExI] cost of energy by source

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Dec 20 16:53:19 UTC 2016

Energy hipsters among us, do feel free to comment on this article.  I will
start: I hope it is true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source

I don't know how they are dealing with the full-cycle costs however.  I need
to re-read and get up to speed on assumed life cycle of their systems.  Most
of these articles tend to look only at initial startup costs and cost of
capital.  Finance gurus might comment, but as I understand it, rising
capital costs tend to favor ground-based solar, since the plants are not so
capital-intensive, ja?  We don't need to scale them way the hell up to get
economies of scale on those?

This topic has to have been studied to death.  What we need are pointers to
the credible sources.