[ExI] Do digital computers feel?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 06:50:47 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> That neurons are complicated is no argument against their computability.
>> A valid such argument would involve a claim that neurons utilise
>> non-computable physics.

### Well, there are non-computable mathematical problems, why can't you
have non-computable physics (at least, not computable on digital computers
with finite storage)?

This is an important part of the argument I proposed when starting the
thread - that there could be qualitative differences between digital
simulations of brains and the inherently analog computations that occur in
brains.

Rafal