[ExI] New prime number found

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 19:17:43 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 1:37 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Cool thanks for the heads up.  I heard when it was discovered but with a
> number that size it really is important to wait for a verification.  The
> discovery came on the 20th anniversary of GIMPS, the Great Internet Mersenne
> Prime Search.

So was that occurrence in the normal/expected frequency?

Has the current to-be-famous nerd been sitting on this one so that it
could be released for the 20th anniversary?  (per your suspicion that
said nerds get kudos for these things)

Well i guess those aliens that fear us for our comprehensive knowledge
of prime numbers will be slightly more afraid now that we've added
another to the arsenal?

:p