[ExI] 10 Predictions About the Future That Should Scare the Hell Out of You

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:08:53 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> ​>> ​
>> we know for a fact that consciousness can change the physical state of an
>> object. john
>

> ​> ​
> How do we know this?

​I can't say how we know this bit I know why I can. I consciously decide to
pick up a physical flyswatter and the physical flyswatter moves, and ​I
have a strong hunch you're conscious but I know for a fact I am.

​> ​
> Thinking?  OK, define that.

​No. Examples are vastly more important than definitions.​

> ​> ​
> My problem is that these terms just keep getting thrown around with no
> real definition,

​That's not a problem as long as there are examples, after all examples are
where lexicographers get the information to write the definitions in their
dictionary.​

​Most people haven't looked in a dictionary in years but they get along
just fine because they have examples.​

 John K Clark