[ExI] Tabby's star

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 21:42:59 UTC 2016

I can't think of when I was last motivated to spread around a request
for money, it's not often.  This is an exception.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/608159144/the-most-mysterious-star-in-the-galaxy/posts/1593023?ref=backer_project_update

As Tabetha Boyajian says, this is the most mysterious star we know
about.  Even if it is not alien megastructures blocking as much as 22%
of the light, whatever is going on there is sure to be fascinating.

BTW, the lack of IR flux (Where's the flux?) makes aliens more likely.
It seems really hard to contrive a natural explanation for radiating
the IR (from the absorbed light) away from our line of sight where we
will shortly have the James Webb space telescope which does that.
Plus some kinds of proposed thermal power satellites radiate at right
angles to the local ecliptic.

Feel free to pass this around.  Also recommend you watch Dr.
Boyajian's TED talk.

Keith Henson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L5_Society