[ExI] request to tone down politics, was: RE: Wise...

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jun 4 04:56:13 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of Giulio Prisco
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 9:25 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] request to tone down politics, was: RE: Wise...

US politics has been discussed on this list, often with heated tones, for as
long as I can remember. I see no problem with that, politics _IS_ important.

Adrian, there's no way to "give the Libertarian candidate enough exposure to
have a good chance of winning." Not in 2016. Perhaps in 2036. We should work
on that.

It isn't in our hands now, it is decided by the mainstream press.

If Clinton loses the FBI primary, and the race becomes Sanders vs Trump vs
Johnson, they might agree to having three-way debates on prime time, and
they cover it with top of their splash pages, think how sane and clean
Johnson would appear.  We could find a nice snappy short slogan analogous to
Feel the Bern and Make America Great Again.  I would propose either "Hear
the Footsteps" or "Hurl the Hammer."