[ExI] request to tone down politics, was: RE: Wise...

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:48:01 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>  ...US government must follow the Constitution.

By those who the constituents consider the government, in all matters that
can be publicly scrutinized.

There are positions related to this public conception of the government
which we do not know exist, filled by mysterious people.  And anyone, in
any office, can perform unconstitutional acts--there's no physical barrier
against that.  They're just axiomatically illegal.  But if nobody finds
out, if they never get caught, are they illegal?  And say they do get
caught--you can't undo the act, just prosecute it.

There is absolutely no "must" relating the US government and the
Constitution.  There are honestly very few 'musts' in existence.  The
statement would be something closer to: "Known government figures, in acts
of policy disclosed to the public, face legal action if they do not adhere
to the Constitution, with various routes provided along the legal process
through which said figures might attempt to avoid prosecution "

I guarantee you that there are shadowy people within the government have
have done, are currently doing, and will do unconstitutional things.