[ExI] What is religion? What is god was The Meaning

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:55:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 8:10 AM,  William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 2:31 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> Now there is a fascinating but unanswerable question:  just what was
>>> the role of hallucinations in religions?
>
>> Why do you believe that question unanswerable?  dan
>
> I was thinking of the origins of religion, which occurred so far in the
> past.  After religions got started, then anything could be roped in to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_G._White#Head_injury

At one point I located two other religions that were influenced by
head injury religious hallucinations, but I am not sure now which they
were.

The question remains as to why this particular class of memes spreads
from person to person or down the generations.  I make a case that it
is ultimately due to the practice of the winners of a conflict taking
the young women of the defeated as wives and additional wives.

Keith