[ExI] DeepMind wins Game1 in Go championship Match

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 17:26:22 UTC 2016

Anders:  On page 29 I have some plots from Katja Grace's excellent review,
which points out that algorithmic improvements typically produce pretty
drastic jumps in capability, unlike the individual learning curve or the
gradual collective improvement in chess.

Anders, does this mean that an AI can exhibit insight learning?  That is,
learning that proceeds through saltatory leaps - in humans we would call
those aha moments - insight?  Or did the paragraph above say just that?
For a true insight curve it would have to start out rather flat (meaning no
insight yet).

bill w