[ExI] privacy again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:02:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Michael LaTorra <mlatorra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Speaking as a man, and wanting to get this in before any other guy
> comments about it, I don't want any man here to feel that he is being
> personally attacked. Not all men are stalkers. Not even most men. But the
> minority of male malefactors looms large for all women because they are SO
> persistent and are often REPEAT OFFENDERS. This fact was made startlingly
> clear to me through the research of Geoffrey Miller, who is a professor
> specializing in the evolutionary psychology of mating behaviors. The
> fraction of the male population who stalk and harm women is overrepresented
> in terms of their interactions with women. ALL women. So even though most
> men don't do this stuff, the men who do seem to comprise a huge percentage
> of the male population from women's point of view because they pop up often
> and everywhere in women's lives.
>
> I myself have called the cops on stalkers and wife beaters more than once.
> If you see something, say something. It's the right thing to do.
>
> Regards,
> Mike LaTorra

​Two things:  1 - we tend to blame psychopaths for these types of behaviors
and rightly so, but 2 - there are those who are madly in love with some
woman and want total control of her.  Also, if you can remember being madly
in love with someone, perhaps in your late teenage years or early 20s, it
is highly irrational.  You think that you own this person ('they are
MINE!').  Very obsessive in nature.  It is fated if only she would
understand that.  Well, I am not going to write a book about this, but
let's keep in mind that these men are small minorities of all men, so I
plead with women not to look at every man and assume that given certain
circumstances he could be this stalker or rapist or controller.

Yes, they are out there and be careful of men who tend to be glib and
charming and extroverted.  And liars.  OH well, I 'll stop.  bill w​

On Mar 10, 2016 8:05 PM, "PJ Ma