[ExI] privacy again

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 03:17:32 UTC 2016

William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been a feminist since the 1970s, so you have my support in full.
> But it actually doesn't matter that it was a woman.  Privacy should be
> respected no matter whom is involved.  I am no historian but I think
> privacy was a huge battle in the 1770s and later as our government was put
> together, and the strict privacy people lost.
>
> bill w

We were required in my Constitutional Law class in law school to read the
Warren & Brandeis article, "The Right to Privacy," published in the Harvard
Law Review in 1890. It remains one of the best discussions on the subject
to date. I highly recommend anyone who hasn't read it before to do so.
http://faculty.uml.edu/sgallagher/Brandeisprivacy.htm

Cheers,

James