[ExI] addiction

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:33:09 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
:

> ​> ​
> ​I am thinking of all the thousands of things the body does to maintain
> homeostasis, and all of them that I know of involve negative feedback
> loops.

​Yes, and life needs those
negative feedback loops
​, and it took Evolution a very long time to find them.​

​> ​
> So I am wondering about your comment that positive ones are more common.

​Life is rare, as far as we know Earth is the only place in the universe
that has it; and ever here positive feedback eventually gets the upper
hand, and the finite physical world can not allow unlimited growth to
continue for long so things eventually die.

 John K Clark ​