[ExI] addiction

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 22:47:10 UTC 2016

I agree with Kelly, and also, although it’s not true of all addictions,
it’s true of a common addictions, alcohol, and possibly others — it
increases the chances someone will have sex. (In the early stages, at
least.) In that sense, it’s pretty easy to see how imbibition would spread.
At the same time, I believe that genetic resistance alcohol poisoning
and/or (?) addiction spread at the same time that alcohol use did, perhaps
in an arms race between the short term and long term benefits of
drunkenness…?

"If desire did not dim intelligence, no one would get fat, drunk, or
married."

bill w