[ExI] If you built "Westworld" (or other robot sex) it would probably be with VR

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:15:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 1:22 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Another point:  wanting to have sex with a robot reveals to me a less than
> mature attitude toward sex.  Wrong?  No.  Evidence of social phobias?
> Maybe.  Neurosis?  Maybe.  After sex with to robot you might be told "Oh
> you were so wonderful and big and powerful and fantastic."  Just who needs
> that?
>
> Give me real women with all of their faults and all of their tolerance of
> my faults.  To me, sex is something you do with someone, not to someone.

I think I've got a pretty mature attitude about sex, normal levels of
social phobias, lack neurosis, prefer making love to fucking strangers,
etc., but I see sex with sexbots as a form of masturbation, which is
perfectly normal and part of a healthy sex life, even for a happily married
man like myself. I've been married 35+ years and, in my experience, the
times when my wife's sexual appetite has matched mine have been few and far
between. She and I would both welcome a healthy and safe outlet for those
times of mismatched libido.

And another obvious application of sexbots that's already been discussed,
teledildonics, would be great for couples geographically separated for
whatever reason. Or how about
teledildonics as a safe try-before-you-buy for dating couples? Or training
in sexual technique? Who couldn't be a better lover with some professional
training?

-Dave