[ExI] If you built "Westworld" (or other robot sex) it would probably be with VR

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 3 19:38:46 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill

>…I've been married 35+ years and…

Dave I read you wrong.  I imagined from your posts that you are about 30.  You are one of us!  Cool, my bride and I are approaching our 33rd anniversary.  Thanks for the post, very enlightening.

> …Or how about teledildonics as a safe try-before-you-buy for dating couples? …-Dave

Your comment gave me an idea.  You go to the dentist, she puts this gooey stuff in a tray, you bite it, the gooey stuff sets in a couple minutes, creates a mold they put some other stuff in to create a 3D model of your chompers to sufficient accuracy to make a crown.  Ja?

OK cool, suppose a couple has been dating for a couple years and are in love but haven’t met.  (There’s a sentence that would have made no sense before the internet.)  Couple wants to try each other before either invests in a plane ticket, so here’s the plan: coffee can, that dental goo, man views potential bride online until appropriate reaction takes place, inserts product of reaction into coffee can of goo, goo sets, man turns away from Skype screen, the usual reaction takes place after removal of stimulation, man easly removes product of reaction from mold.  Then man uses a rigid closed-cell foaming polymer to pour into the cavity created, making a 3D model of himself, cuts away the dental material leaving only the replica, sort of like a subset of Michelangelo’s David, in polymer foam rubber rather than marble, sends partial replica of himself to potential bride who attaches it to teledildonics machine which is operated remotely via Skype, with audio feedback.  If both make and hear the appropriate sounds, and so forth, together they get, you’re welcome.

I don’t expect you to put my name on the patent application, but if a happily married couple results and offspring are forthcoming, say nice things about me.