[ExI] LIGO: RE: Hey, look on the bright side

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:22:40 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 7:21 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

> You weren’t wrong John, there is danger.  We should work toward getting
> those nukes safe.

I don't think you grok the EP (genetic) forces behind this turn of
events.  It is the (stone age) function of war to chop the population
back.   I can imagine nothing more effective than lots of nukes.  It
would be like asking a stone age tribe to give up clubs when they are
working themselves up to kill the neighbors.

I have been trying to solve carbon and energy, major drivers to a big
war, and ran into what may be a showstopper problem.  It's
economically very hard to lift enough shielding to block the cosmic
ray particles for the construction workers in space.  The requirement
is to get the radiation levels for the workers down to the current
standards.  At least *this* problem would be solved if the whole world
was rather radioactive.

Keith

PS  If you want to blame someone, it's our remote ancestors who got so
organized that the big cats could no longer control their numbers.