[ExI] Nobody can say we weren’t warned

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Oct 21 06:07:38 UTC 2016

>… On Behalf Of John Clark

​>…So I ask you Spike, what do you think will happen 4 years from now when President Trump discovers on election day that his reelection isn't going the way he wants? ​John K Clark​

The chief justice swears in the winner, regardless of what the former president thinks of the deal.  The court is the seat of power which has final say over that matter.  It was set up that way for a reason.  If the president starts grabbing power, congress steps in and relieves the president of duty, as we saw unfolding in 1974.  Trump might stamp his little footie, but the military isn’t going to follow him into a coup.

To answer your question, I would guess Trump will not stay around for four years if he wins.  He will be frustrated with the lack of power the US president has, and hand over the keys to the nuclear subs after a couple years to whoever that guy is, his running mate, Mike somebody, and go back to running his empire.

John if you really want to worry about this kind of thing, you need to work in black helicopters somewhere.  But it raises the question, why do the helicopters need to be black to make a decent conspiracy theory?  Will gray ones do?  How about blue?  White?  Why black?  And do they need to be helicopters, or will other aircraft suffice?  Harrier jets and the new F-35 can do vertical takeoff and landing, as well as those nifty V-22 Osprey tiltrotor craft, so if we substitute those, can we still theorize an executive branch coup happening in four years?

John let it go man.  We know both these front runners are dangerous power-grabbers.  One is crazy and says whatever comes into his mind.  The other is senile and dishonest.  We know he or she will go in as the least trusted most disliked president in American history, and his or her administration will be an abject failure before he or she is even sworn in.

Of course there might be a downside to that somewhere.  But people like Clinton and Trump are the reason the constitution is written the way it is: to protect us from people like them.

So don’t vote for them.  Hear the footsteps.