[ExI] Nobody can say we weren’t warned

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:58:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 2:07 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​>…So I ask you Spike, what do you think will happen 4 years from now
>> when President Trump discovers on election day that his reelection isn't
>> going the way he wants? John K Clark
>

> ​> ​
> The chief justice swears in the winner,

​A chief justice who was appointed by the president.

> ​> ​
> regardless of what the former president thinks of the deal.

​
That's what the Constitution
​ ​
says but the Constitution
​ i​
s not a law of physics
​
 it's just a piece of paper that only has power if the people at the top
agree to abide by it, and that is exactly why it's so terrifying when for
the first time in the country's history a presidential candidate says he
will abide by the results of election day ONLY if he wins.

> ​> ​
> The court is the seat of power which has final say over that matter.

​
The
​ ​
court has the final say over the matter IF the people in power agree among
themselves that the constitution and the rule of law is a good thing.
Before Trump this was not an issue, for over 200 years of presidential
elections it was not an issue, but it is now.

> ​> ​
> It was set up that way for a reason.

​
It makes no difference how the system
​is​
 set up if the people at the top refuse
​
 to abide by it. As I say before Trump this was not a problem, but it is
now. Even Nixon had more integrity than Trump, he had legitimate reason
​s​
for concern about the results of the 1960 election but he refused to
contest it for the good of the country. And he certainly didn't start
whining that the election was rigged a month before election day!

> ​> ​
> If the president starts grabbing power, congress steps in and relieves the
> president of duty

​And​ what happens when President Trump says congress is rigged just as the
election was rigged and thus they have no legitimate authority to relieve
him from duty and he isn't going anywhere, and there are friendly generals
that he appointed during the last 4 years to back him up?

​> ​
> Trump might stamp his little footie, but the military isn’t going to
> follow him into a coup.

​They wouldn't today but he doesn't hide the fact that after 4 years of
Trump the military will ​
be drastically different from what it is now.​

> > We know both these front runners are dangerous power-grabbers.

​Speak for yourself. I know that one is a
dangerous power-grabber
​, but the other seems like a decent human being to me, at least for a
politician.

> ​>
> One is crazy and says whatever comes into his mind.

​Indeed. A direct connection from Trump's spinal cord to his tongue
completely bypassing his brain.   ​

> ​> ​
> The other is senile

​Senile? She beat Trump like a rented mule in 3 debates and demonstrated a
strong understanding of the issues, including what Aleppo is.​

​> ​
> So don’t vote for them.  Hear the footsteps.

Yes I know, make a historic principled gesture and vote for Johnson, but
exactly what historic point would you be making? In 5 years even
talented Trivial Pursuits players will have difficulty naming the
​ ​
2016 ​Libertarian Party presidential candidate, and if Gary Johnson is
remembered at all is will be for being the “
​What
is Aleppo?” man.

 ​John K Clark​