[ExI] statins

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:54:35 UTC 2016

The problem withe both of these criticisms is that you are relying on
government and top medical sources, which are politically compromised.
Just look into the American Heart Association and its history of supporting
questionable data about fats, which is just now being overturned.  "Use
only polyunsaturated fats."  Problem is, they lower HDL too.

People's Pharmacy is not without its problems but at least it's an
independent source.  Read everybody, trust no one.

Medical people try to stick together so that an decision they make can be
supported by other medical people in court as standard practice.  And they
are very conservative, which has both good and bad features.  So I will
find nothing at the sources you mention that contradicts standard practice,
until standard practice changes.  See the paradox?

How many times has the medical profession been wrong?  See all the ads in
the paper by lawyers yearning to sue for this pill and that practice?
Books have been written about the stupid backward practices of physicians
and this modern age has no lack of them.  How many times has the tiny
minority or even one person been right and the whole profession been wrong?

Every standard practice probably came into being because somebody stood up
and said what we are doing is wrong, like drawing blood until the patient
dies of dehydration.  Or denying the effect of microbes, which is still
going on.

Do you detect any personal animus here?  You should.  If I gave you my
history with physicians you'd wince at the incompetence and unnecessary
operations I've been through.  If there weren't a statute of limitations
I'd be rich.  And the smug SOBs would be taken down a notch or two.

Now I take any pill prescribed or anything else they have to say and go
home and Google it.

I don't trust physicians any more than y'all trust Hillary.  If we had the
kind of government libertarians say we want, all drugs would be OTC, and
we'd get our recommendations from the pharmacists, who know far more about
them than physicians.

Of course I am not qualified to judge primary sources, so I won't waste my
time.

bill w